In December we promised you an update on the status of the RiME on Nintendo Switch. Our teams have been working tirelessly to develop a patch that would address some issues that could be resolved through an update. We have QAed the patch and submitted it for approval to Nintendo and are waiting to hear back. The patch is larger than normally permitted, so we may get denied on that basis.. If the patch gets approved we’ll announce what the changes at that time.
Thanks for your patience.
Last month we shared that our teams were aware of the FPS, resolution and hitches players were facing on the Switch version of RiME. We committed to investigate these issues further, and to explore what our next steps might be. We wanted to let you know our teams have been continuing to research potential solutions for some of these issues. To be clear, some aspects of the game are beyond a patch-level fix, but there are changes that can be made to improve some elements.
That being said, we have not determined our path yet. Right now we’re facing a balancing act, as improvements in some areas may have issues in other areas. As such, we're still investigating the best balance. We will be providing you with our direction in January, so please keep an eye on social media for that announcement.
Tim "Dariuas" Slager
RiME Community Manager